Sunday, September 21, 2008

Light Weigh Eating

Great bread, eh? This is sourdough bread from San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf that we got this summer when sightseeing. It tasted as good as it looks.

Well, I'm happy to report that I have continued in the Light Weigh eating philosophy and have been loosing weight again. After loosing it this way, then gradually gaining it back by not following the Light Weigh principles, then trying other ways like Weight Watchers and just super healthy eating, I've shown myself that this is for sure the best way to go. The thing about the Light Weigh (among other things) is that it helps you to take the focus off yourself and encourages you to fill your life with prayer and your relationship with God and helping others. As a result, not only is life more meaningful, but many of the underlying reasons for overeating are gone. That's huge.

I am committed to eating this way for the rest of my life. I've shown myself that I need to persevere and not slack off on it. It's something I will need to always be vigilant about. Our Light Weigh group feels the same way, which is great. We are in it for the long haul. I've been telling them to be sure to stick with it and see it as long term so that I can help them not fall away like I did. One in the group is going full speed ahead and really loosing a lot (everything has clicked into place for her), the rest of us are struggling but having success.

So right now my weight is 155 lbs. That means I've lost around 10 lbs. since I've been back in the Light Weigh.

Plus, I've been exercising for abut 1 1/2 years now and that's made a big difference in my energy level and overall health, that's for sure.

Slow and steady progress and commitment to persevere...

I've even been using my bentos a bit lately for lunch. I'll try to post some pics soon!

No comments: