Saturday, January 19, 2008

Busy me! and a recipe...

I have been busy lately with my job and also still have this cold, so I haven't been posting. I think I will start posting some of what I'm eating without worrying about including every little thing and exact times, etc. This will make it more easy for me to keep going with this blog for now. I've been eating well and have continued on the Eating Clean diet. Here is a recipe for "Breakfast in a Blender" that I've found very helpful on busy mornings (and tasty!):

From The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno:

1 scoop protien powder ( I use vanilla flavored whey protein powder from Whole Foods -- it is sweetened with Stevia)
1/3 c dry oatmeal
2/3 c skim milk (options are: water, soy milk, almond, or rice milk)
1 Tbsp natural almond butter (or other natural nut butter)
1 frozen banana (or fresh)
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (I substitute or add various kinds of frozen fruit)
1 Tbsp flax seed
1 Tbsp wheat germ
1/2 c ice cubes

I blend this all in my "magic bullet"...very yummy and filling!

(275 calories)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check you blog from time to time... and I enjoy your bentos (when you have time to post them :)

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
babysteps said...

Thank you, I will try to post more. I am soon to have more time available. Thanks for your comment. Nice to know someone is out there looking in from time to time. :)

Anonymous said...

How many servings does this recipe make? Just by eyeballing I'm wondering if this whole thing isn't more than 275 calories

babysteps said...

Good call. I checked the book and it says it makes four 1-cup servings. I wasn't counting calories at the time when I made this. :)