Friday, August 10, 2007

Spaghetti and pita Bento Dinner 8-10-07

This spaghetti tasted so good after all the brown rice pasta I've been making lately. It was just the right "al-dente" texture! The sauce is made with the mini-meatloaves I made for dinner the other night. I cut them up and sauted them in a bit of olive oil and then added some organic marinara sauce from Whole Foods and some sun-dried tomato pesto topped with Pecorino Romano cheese. The top tier has some baby string beans from Trader Joe's and a small pita from Whole Foods that has been cut into quarters and toasted. I spread some hummus on a couple of the pita wedges and ate the others plain. I tried to drink a bit of grapefruit juice with this dinner but it made my stomach hurt (not a good combo with this dinner) so I ended up only drinking about 1/4 c at most.

No comments: