Sunday, August 5, 2007

Travel Food Log 7-30-07 to 8-4-07

Well, I'm home! I kept track of everything I ate, but didn't take pics of my food. I don't know what I ate or drank at the end of the trip, but it's doing damage on my system still. I think it was the water I started to drink from the drinking fountain on the second to last day in the El Paso history museum. I spit out the water because it was warm and tasted terrible. Then I had a late lunch which consisted of 2 alcohol drinks and a bit later had a grande mocha frappuccino at Starbucks. I just did some online research and found out that alcohol and caffeine are two things that can aggravate the condition. It was after the Starbucks drink that I started feeling bad and I was thinking it might have been the whipped cream (forgot to tell them "no whip") or that I haven't been drinking caffeine in awhile. But, now I'm thinking it was most likely the drinking fountain.

I don't know how well I did at watching my portions. I know there were times I did well and times I went overboard. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow on "weigh-in Monday." I was thinking about my lack of weight loss in spite all my workouts after I last posted and realized that it's quite possible that I've added some muscle weight because my workouts have involved weight lifting. Hmmm! Hadn't thought of that before. If that's true, then that's good weight gain. :)

Okay, so here's the food log for Monday, 7-30-07 to 8-4-07

Monday 7-30-07

7 am...sm bowl Kashi nuggets w/cut-up peach, 1% milk, ice water

10:45 am...leftover pasta and chicken (from last night's dinner) and broccoli souffle in 1 tier of orange bento (no photo) and two very tiny bites of homemade choc chip cheesecake dessert

3:30 pm...pre-packed Chinese chicken salad in airport and bottle water

4:15 pm...small ("tall") Starbucks decaf mocha frappuccino (no whip)

9 pm...airplane size cup of tomato juice and shared small bag of airplane pretzels and bag of honey roasted peanuts

midnight...1 12oz bottle Michelob beer, oat and honey granola bars (2 in pkg) from vending machine

Exercise: 1 hr. step aerobics and freeweights, walking in airports


Tuesday, 7-31-07

8 am...1/2 "made to order" veggie omelet (cubes of ham, onion, green bell pepper, tomato, and mushrooms and sliced black olives, shredded cheese on top), small portion of "home fries", 2 strips of bacon, tea w/honey and skim milk, custard size bowl of watermelon chunks with a bit of cantelope and honeydew.

1:15 pm...oats and honey granola bars (pkg of 2) from vending machine

4:15 pm...pretty gross looking (and not that great tasting, but I was hungry) "bean and cheese nachos" in Juarez, Mexico (restaurant), the cheese was like runny velveeta and there was just a bit of refried beans drizzled over the top.

9:30 pm...1 slice cheese pizza (thin crust) and 1 can V-8 juice (11.5 oz)

exercise: some walking


Wednesday, 8-1-07

6:15 am...sm bowl of strawberry yogurt and few spoonfuls of granola; cup of coffee with half and half (half the cup was decaf); small portion of "home fries"; veggie omelet (ham, mushroom, gr bell pepper, onion, tomato, spinach, cheese); custard size bowl of watermelon chunks

12:30 pm...4-5 watermelon chunks; 1 chunk cantelope; 10 red grapes; 1/2 sandwich on french roll (1 slice turkey, 1 slice ham, lettuce, tomato slice, mustard and mayo); handful of pretzel chips

3:50 pm...10 oz orange juice

4:45 pm...spaghetti with meat sauce with parmesan cheese; salad with Italian, then ranch dressing (took small portions, but then went back for more of spaghetti and of salad), chunk of french bread (felt like I ate too much after this meal)

6 pm..."happy hour" special drink "Bahama Mama" (rum); 1 1/2 c popcorn,

7:30 pm... small "frozen custard" (rich ice cream) mixed with pecans, bananas, pinapple, coconut

exercise: just a bit of walking, not much


Thursday, 8-2-07

8:15 am...scrambled egg omlet with small pieces of ham, bacon, and mixed veggies; small portion of "home fries"; 6 oz orange juice; tea honey and skim milk

4:15 pm...("Chili's" Restaurant) Southwest Mesquite Grilled Chicken Salad (lettuce, chicken, corn salsa, tortilla strips, cilantro) and "Spiked Strawberry Lemonade" (vodka)

11:45 pm...12 oz V-8 juice

exercise: (workout in hotel fitness room) 36 min of step/arm movement machine thing then some weights on the machine (arms, upperback, quads, and leg press)


Friday, 8-3-07

8:15 am...scrambled egg omelet with spinach, mushroom, onion, gr bell pepper, tomato; small portion of home fries, 6 oz orange juice, coffee with 2 sugars and skim milk (mostly decaf)

3:45 lunch at Chili's again: Southwest Mesquite Grilled Chicken salad (same as yesterday, it was good!), and TWO spiked strawberry lemonades

7:30 pm...Grande Mocha Frappuccino with whipped cream from Starbucks

11:45 pm..."dragon fruit" vitamin water

exercise: some walking


Saturday 8-4-07 (not feeling well)

8:15 am...banana, small dry bagel, plain tea

2 pm...1 c watermelon chunks

4:30 pm (Texas time)... 1 bag airplane pretzels, airplane cup of ginger ale, about 12 Ritz crackers

4:50 pm (Arizona time)..."Yoshi's" fast food Japanese (in airport) bowl of orange chicken with white rice and broccoli

8 pm... 1/2 bag of Ritz cracker chips (airplane) and airplane cup of ginger ale

exercise: airport walking

No comments: