Thursday, July 12, 2007

2-tier Veggie Ball Bento Lunch 7-12-07

I spent more time on this bento box lunch than I have in the past. I made those little "veggie balls" special for this bento. They were pretty simple, though. I took a box of "veggie and grain" burger mix, added hot water, waited 10 min, shaped into balls, cooked in a bit of canola oil. I really loved these. One thing that I also took with me was a little tupperware type container of this really yummiful Thai peanut sauce that I used to dip them in. mmmmMMMM! I got the very pretty flower pics from a recent swap. I went for the second tier today because I really wanted a lot more salad than I've had for the past couple days. This is part of a ready made salad kit that I got from Trader Joe's (spinach, feta, cranberry raisins, candied pecans, and a really great dressing that I put some of into that cute little container. I added a sticker to make me smile. In the little compartments I put some of the filling from last night's burritos and then a combo of cantelope and cherries. Let me tell you, that fruit was AWESOME! I'm totally sold on Whole Foods produce. I went to the Farmer's Market in town tonight and the produce I got there (that I've eaten so far) doesn't taste half as good as WF! The burrito filling (beans, diced tomatoes with green chilis, spices) was a bit too hot for me by itself. It needed some crackers or tortilla to go with it. Oh, and I should say that it was lots of fun eating with the chopsticks, but I wasn't able to eat it all with those. I couldn't get that burrito filling with the chopsticks at all. I had to get a fork from the lunch room at work to finish things off.
Yes, I know, this seems a bigger portion today. Like I said. I really wanted more salad. I figure salad really is fluffy and could be squished down and MIGHT also fit in the correct portion amount (or maybe close). :)

No comments: