Friday, July 27, 2007

Bentos size-tested

I tested these when I got them with water, but it's hard to see that in the photos, so here I'm showing you how much these bento boxes hold using Kashi "Nuggets" cereal (like Grape Nuts). With the Light Weigh you eat portions that are the size of your clenched fist (that's the total portion for a meal). It is also the amount that would fit in a regular size mug like the one below. Since I don't want to eat my meal out of a mug, I am finding that using the bento boxes is not only fun to do, but it gives me a good visual and keeps me from eating a larger amount like I do when I use a plate.


New blue bento box... how much does it hold?

Here we go. If I put food in this blue bento box with no spaces in between the items, this is how much I should fill it. Since the food I put in isn't this dense, I can make it go higher. It looks to me that this bento box gives me the perfect portion size for my meal according to Light Weigh eating recommendations.


Here is my orange bento box.


Here is the green. The green is only one tier, but also the perfect size. :)



No comments: