Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Bento Diet Plan


Isn't this a FUN lunch?

Contents: Asian Noodles Salad (deli item from Whole Foods): spaghettini, carrots, scallions, sesame seeds, and soy dressing decorated with duckies and heart shaped American cheese; Fresh raspberries; Omega Trail Mix (from Trader Joes): cranberry raisins, almonds, walnuts, pepitas, pecans, pistachios, canola and peanut oil.

This beautiful bento box was given to me in an online swap. I LOVE the butterfly design. Here I've used only the bottom tier and it's the perfect portion size for me.

This bento box lunch is: 1) a healthy, well-balanced meal, 2) the perfect portion size, 3) thoughtfully prepared, 4) enjoyable to eat. What more could I ask for?

Bento box lunches are new for me. I recently discovered this healthful art during my online adventures. It occured to me as I was taking this picture that I could eat this way for every meal! So, that's my plan (and I'll post pictures here). When I eat at a restaurant I'll arrange my plate as if it were my bento box. (If I don't take a picture of my restaurant food, I'll write down what I eat and post that.)

Goal: to loose 40 lbs.

Here we go!

2 comments:

Jennifer Laycock said...

Hey, great idea! Been browsing through your blog posts from the last month.

I just added you to my blog roll at Bento Yum.

babysteps said...

Thanks for adding me! I LOVE Bento Yum. :)